VERB SURGICAL Inc.
Last Updated: December 8, 2015
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, specialty, hospital, and any other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals from web browsers.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Job Application Information. We collect information from you when you apply for a job with Verb Surgical, including but not limited to, your name, email, phone number, and resume. If you intend to provide us with information of a prior supervisor, reference or other third party, it is your responsibility to obtain such third party’s consent to provide this information to us. You are responsible for the information that you provide or make available and you must ensure that it is legal, honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. You must ensure that the information provided does not contain any material that is obscene, defamatory, or infringing on any rights of any third party, or otherwise legally actionable by such third party.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
If you apply for a job through our Site, we use the personal information you submitted through the application process to process and respond to your job application, including to assess your skills and interest in job opportunities, conduct reference checks, background checks and to verify the information you provide, and for compliance with corporate governance and legal and regulatory requirements. Personal information that you submit may also be added to our candidate database for purposes of considering whether you are suitable for other job vacancies that we may have. If you are hired, we may also use the information collected during the application process for other business purposes relating to your employment.
We may create Anonymous Data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data for our internal business purposes. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties for their own uses in our sole discretion.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below, including but not limited to, requests to modify or delete your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Verb Surgical and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL USERS. If you are a non U.S. user of the Site, by visiting the Site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in the Policy. In addition, your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing and transfer of personal information may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
1935 Landings Drive
Mountain View, CA 94043